Thursday, March 29, 2018

Another Early Poem....

I remember it so well.
It was right above our head...
I thought for sure at any moment...
Our family would be dead.

But, they were looking up....
Just utterly amazed.
While I shivered in a corner.
My eyes were in a daze.

They ran to look at it.
It was a funnel cloud.
I was so terrified.
They were not around!

They left me there with grandpa...
Who...by the way...I loved.
But, for crying out loud!
There was a funnel cloud above!

I was maybe ten years old.
I don't really know.
All that I know now....
The storm will always echo

You are asking for an attack....
On the beating of my heart.
I'm still scared to death of storms.
It would only take a spark.

But, yet, now I am amazed...
And love to sit and stare.
At pictures of the clouds...
Get near one...would I dare?

Hmm...I don't know.
I think perhaps I would.
Because it truly was amazing.
I think I probably should.

Because fear we must get past.
No matter what it is.
So, I'm still scared of storms...
But, I will conquer this.

~~👀👀😨😐😯😨😐😯👀👀~~Jennifer Renee :)~~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive relationships are interesting...how you become so disillusioned. Thinking you deserve such pain. Thinking everything they say about ...